Friday, October 25, 2013

An idea to reality in 5 years flat

Okay, for anyone that knows, Sam Lyons, you know that I have a endless stream of ideas. Although, as many people have told, ideas are worth the paper they are written on. So, finally, after around 7 years from when it was conceived as an idea. I finally have launched one that kept niggling away in the background.

I moved into the Kimmage area around 7.5 years ago and was shocked by the amount of resources there were in the locality. So, while living there the idea came to mind to create some form of community resource. It's not the first time. I built, with the help of two others, a website for the community I grew up in, Cabinteely.org. Sadly, not long after I left, it was left to go to rack ruin.

The thing with community websites is they require constant maintenance and development. This requires management and time. And time is money. We know how challenging it is to find money in this day and age. So, as a host for the altruist and the capitalist, I knew that the KCRarea model needed to a little different. It needed to be sustainable. And that's what you have. A resource that works on the interdependence of business and community. One relying on the other. Like they actually do.

I remember reading an article a number of years ago about the future of the internet and they coined the term, an online watering hole. Well, I am going to use that one also. KCRarea.com is place for people to gather together, to share, trade, communicate, learn, grow and be a real living community. It is about bringing all our needs and wants under one roof. A place that in time, you will visit everyday to see what is new and relevant to you.

So, with these final words, for the moment, I wish you a pleasant and fulfilling journey. She's only a tiny toddler at the moment. So be gentle and help her find her feet.

Adieu,

Sam - The Creator ;)

www.kcrarea.com

No comments:

Post a Comment